Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fix me, weather alert and thoughtful gift

- A lol moment during my drive in to work. Mr C's sign* has been damaged - maybe by someone's foot during late night rabble rousing - and so nothing has been posted on it in several days. I like that the sign decided to take matters into its own hands.

- Plugging in my weather radio before bedtime. It was kindly supplied by my sister Jo a few years ago (she worries). A big swirling storm was predicted, but fortunately it turned out to be a heavy rain with no tornadoes in my area of northeast Atlanta (but bad in northwest Georgia and just south of Atlanta, I hear on the news).

- I remember talking to her by cellphone one day while checking my mail. "There's a package from you!" I said. She replied that it was a little Easter present. I got so excited that she apologized for it before I opened the package containing the weather radio. But I appreciated the thought and love that went behind it.

* For newer readers, I used to post regular photos of the sign when a more creative sign poster still worked at Mr C's Bar and Grill (around the corner from my office). Click on tag at bottom for a few examples.

12 comments:

happygirl said...

I'm glad Mr. C has a sense of humor about himself. Stay safe down there.

Fireblossom said...

I think a weather radio sounds like a cool thing, though I am not sure exactly what one is!

G. B. Miller said...

Mr. C is off his medicine? Hope he gets better soon.

Lynn said...

happygirl -

Mr C's is kind of a neighborhood dive bar - they certainly have a sense of humor in there.

FB -

I put the weather radio beside my bed for safety. There were reports that there might be tornado warnings between 11pm and 2am. If there is a true warning, then we are supposed to take shelter in a basement or (in my case) an interior room. The radio is programmed to the national weather service radio band in my county only. It did go off around 1am with an alert that a tornado watch was still in progress. A watch means that elements are favorable for a tornado, but there is no sighting. A warning means there is a sighting. I think I have that right.

G -

Yes - maybe. :)

Louvregirl said...

Glad to know that you are alright, Lynn! I saw that Atlanta was in the big storm's path last P.M.
:--)
lg!
Have a great and a very good day, Lynn!

Maude Lynn said...

Poor sign!

LL Cool Joe said...

Loved the sign. :D

I bet my Dad would love a weather radio! I'm glad you were ok Lynn.

Jannie Funster said...

It was BB who put the letters on the sign! :)

Then he snuck in and sprinkled moondust on you as you slept dreaming of good weather ahead. They he ate some of your tomato and flew back to Austin, just in time to wake me up and serve me breakfast in bed! Toast and bacon. Excellent coffee too. :)

xoxo

TALON said...

She's right to worry - those are some seriously scary storms!

I always enjoy Mr. C's sense of humour. :)

Riot Kitty said...

I am glad you are safe from storm damage. What an awful thing.

Wish we had a Mr. C's here!

Lynn said...

lg -

Yes - but we got bypassed - other areas, not so lucky.

Mama Zen -

I know - I wonder if someone might have backed their car into it.

Joe -

They probably have them where you live. Pretty handy.

Jannie -

Thank BB for that moondust for me - and I wish I had some bacon right now - sounds lovely. :)

xo

Talon -

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

RK -

Come see it sometime. :)

Snaggle Tooth said...

Wow, that's funny on the sign! Nice to have weather warnings- but who wants to go to a storm shelter instead of bed? All non-twister folks are feeling lucky this week! Glad you were lucky too-
Sometimes a sister knows just what you need- never know when it could save you from trouble! A thoughtful gift.