Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mimosa Silk, purple goodness and whimsy

- There are a number of Mimosa trees around the park I walk in after work.  And during a particularly hot walk yesterday, the fragrance of this one called out to me.  Click to enlarge.  This variety is referred to as a Mimosa Silk - hope it doesn't fall into the water!  Love the reflection in the creek there. 

- Cooking Light magazine has some recipes for slushies this month, and so on a whim, I bought this "As-Seen-On-TV" blender at Macy's One Day sale and made one.  Blueberry Mint (it also had lime juice and simple syrup.) Purple goodness.

- I chose this bottle of white wine to go with a dinner purely because of its whimsical label.  And thankfully it turned out to be good.  :)

11 comments:

Ileana said...

The flowers and purple juice both help ring in the summer season. I also like to try wines with cool labels. This one would've lured me in, too. Glad it was yummy.

Elephant's Child said...

Smiles. And very happy to hear that regardless of the book thing, you CAN judge a wine by its cover.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

That tree is so very delicate and beautiful. I love the reflection, too....That's quite a gorgeous drink! Great Label on that wine....and great luck that it turned out to be good, as well....!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - good mix of lovely photos and subjects .. who doesn't love a cool glass of vino with a fun label - I quite agree .. well you know I do ...

The mimosa walk sounds just blissful and then the smoothie afterwards - enjoy using your new whizzer!

Cheers Hilary

Riot Kitty said...

Translates to "the green dog." :)

Joanne said...

Yay for smoothies! and that tree is a beauty!

Lee said...

It's all good...mimosa silk, purple goodness and whimsy (place commas where desired)- and a bottle of wine to top it off!

Betty Manousos said...

the purple smoothie looks very delicious! and that tree is so beautiful.

happy summer!

big, big hugs!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Beautiful trees, I've never heard or seen them before- I want one of those bullet things- Sounds delicious! I have some blueberries this week too.
Glad your wine wasn't a dog, really! Cute graphic- Wonder how they get their labels sometimes!

LL Cool Joe said...

I tend to only pick boring wines that I know, but sometimes a label will draw me in and I'll try something a bit different. I can understand the appeal of yours, I'm glad it tasted good too.

Granny Annie said...

So, do you recommend the "As-Seen-On-TV" blender? The drink looks great.

Yes the Mimosa silk tree does appear to be heading into the drink.