Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Squares of sunlight, for sale and errant sparkle

- During our walk at the Greenway Park last Saturday morning, I noticed the grid pattern on the boardwalk and told friend Laura that I wanted to snap a photo.  I liked that she didn't question that at all, especially since she doesn't know I have a blog.

- And an hour later, while waiting for the library to open, I gazed at the peacefulness of this red barn and the tree with such personality in the foreground.  Click to enlarge.  This property is for sale - there is a white farmhouse to the left - out of the picture.  I hope someone nice buys it.

- Seeing an errant sparkle fallen off a Christmas decoration on the futon in my home office just now.  I enjoyed Christmas very much this year and the sparkle reminded me how much.

Laura and I set a goal to exercise three times this week, before we get together again next Saturday.  Off to do that. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What lovely sunny shots.

Fireblossom said...

Christmas tinsel and Easter grass have a way of turning up months after the fact!

Granny Annie said...

I would buy it but them people would go around saying "Annie bought the farm." LOL

It does look like a lovely place. A nice red barn is my favorite and makes me realize my big red barn needs painting badly.

Elephant's Child said...

Loving the bridge geometry, and the barn. Does that tree have an old nest in it? Embiggening it I thought I could see one.

Lee said...

I love your photos. Hey! I could just live in the barn itself with myself and with my two furry mates, of course! :)

Leonora said...

May you continue to find Christmas sparkles throughout the year. : )

Snaggle Tooth said...

Beautiful light! Face it, Even without your blog excuse you'd be a good photographer! You always hunt for interesting subjects, n have a good eye too-
I still have some sparkly things decorating here I need pics of, but need special cam batteries first-

Sara said...

Your photographs get better and better. I love the light on the bridge and, if I could afford it, I'd buy that property:~)

Have fun with the exercising!

LL Cool Joe said...

That barn looks beautiful. I hope someone nice buys it too.

Whenever I take photos my younger daughter says "Is that going on your blog then?" She doesn't realise I'm on Pinterest yet, and that often my photos go there and not on my blogs. :D

Riot Kitty said...

What a lovely place! I want to go walk there.