Friday, May 29, 2015

Lovely surprise, it's her gift and the deer

- That lily there in the distance was the very one I placed in the sanctuary of my church in honor of my late parents on Easter Sunday 2014.  Neighbor Rhonda planted it and it has bloomed!  We've had a lot of rain the last couple of days and that's why the photo is a bit gloomy - no late afternoon sun.  I got drizzled upon as I snapped the photo with my phone, but I just had to - it was a lovely surprise to come home to.

- And this planter was the one that I planted Lantana and Sweet Potato Vine in last year - pictured here.  This year I decided that I was "planted out" and turned this container back over to Rhonda, who has a gift for planting flowers en masse.  Love the red geraniums with the purple (whatever that is.)

- Naomi was hoping to see a photo of the deer mentioned in my last post.  I had not included it, since it was so blurry and taken through a screen.  But here it is - showing four of the six deer - the other two were still in the river.  I guess these guys are the brave leaders of the bunch.  So lovely. 

Hope you are having a peaceful and good day.  Have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Nature whether planted, encouraged or wild is heart balm. Thank you for a truly beautiful post.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOVED seeing the Deer.....I put it up on my HD TV and could see it much better and clearer.......I LOVE Deer----they go through my yard underneath my house all the time.......If I'm lucky enough to be out on my Deck...I get to see them.......

BEAUTIFUL Flowers, too, my dear Lynn.....I used to have Lantana down below---It is so very pretty.....But it takes over everything and we had to remove it. It began to cover some of the smaller Cacti and Succulents.....

We need Rain here so badly----for many reasons, but, I would love more rain just so all the Plants get a good soaking.....! Nature is so fulfilling in it's beauty, isn't it? Thanks so much for the Deer photo.....!

sage said...

Beautiful--that's where lilies go (outside). I am allergic to them and they give me a headache which as you can imagine makes Easter Sunday a bit hard on me.

Sparkling Red said...

The deer! There they are! It doesn't matter that they're blurry - it's still exciting to see them.

Riot Kitty said...

I love it when a plant that is planted in memory or honor of an occasion or person blooms. I got one of my colleagues a rose plant when he got married last year, and it is huge now! He just sent me a picture. Love that.

Joanne said...

The flowers are so beautiful! Uplifting, for sure.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Beautiful flowers and always wonderful to see deer

Anonymous said...

How lovely with the deer. And gorgeous flowers too.

LL Cool Joe said...

We have deer in our garden too, but unlike the hummingbirds, they don't move fast but they sense me every time I get a camera out and move away before I can get a good close up shot!

My brother chose a wreath of white lilies for our Dads funeral. They looked beautiful but didn't last long at all!

Snaggle Tooth said...

A very pretty garden spot there. Those Lillies are stunning! Good to have neighbors get to the planting for you to enjoy. Wow, so many deer, n proof even if blurry. I have a disaster, unidentifiable Otter pic I never posted myself- n many untold bad bird pics too!