Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Crape Myrtles, intertwined and the festivies continue

- Seen on my Sunday morning walk up and down the street where I live - it's lovely to see the Crape Myrtle trees blooming now.  This has turned into a nice habit - I only walk this particular route on Sunday morning.  I like it because it's quiet - nothing but the occasional car going by, neighbors coming out in their pajama pants to get the newspaper, sometimes another lone walker.

- I've passed this yard a zillion times, but this is the first time I noticed the intertwined trees there (you might have to click to enlarge to see it.)  I think it's an oak tree and a pine tree (or a tree in the pine family.)  So curious that happened and wonder if it was an accident or on purpose.

- On the last stretch home toward home - a funny sight.  Someone decorated this mailbox for Christmas and then never took the tinsel garland down when the holiday was over.  It used to bug me a little, but now I kind of like it.  :)  And I figure that's how they're telling friends how to find their house quickly, "Look for the mailbox with the garland..."  

16 comments:

sage said...

I got back from NYC to find a crape myrtle and the Oleanders blooming in my yard! It looks like a nice walk you have and that intertwined tree is interesting.

Ileana said...

You see garland on mailboxes and I see Christmas tree air fresheners dangling from rear-view mirrors in cars. Miami is unique. lol

It always amazes me how you know all the names of the flowers you see on your walks.

Elephant's Child said...

Love the crepe myrtle. Beautiful trees that I welcome here too.
I suspect the twining was induced, since neither tree naturally twines around things. An interesting effect though.

Lee said...

A happy, welcoming mailbox...good to see! :)

There are a couple of crepe myrtle trees growing on this property here where I rent my little cabin. My landlords who live up the other end of this three acre block look after the gardens...the garden is their responsibility and around their home and the ponds the gardens look wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Love those intertwined trees!

Snaggle Tooth said...

I always prefer quiet walk places. used to being solitary. Pretty that Crepe Myrtle. Awesome trees together there. Different mailbox can be helpful I bet-

Crafty Green Poet said...

the intertwined trees are wonderful!

Lee said...

I hope you enjoy your 4th of July celebrations, Lynn! Have a great weekend. :)

Granny Annie said...

Now that I've had my hip replaced I'll know where to turn at the mailbox with the garland when I come and see you :-)

Granny Annie said...

Now that I've had my hip replaced I'll know where to turn at the mailbox with the garland when I come and see you :-)

Granny Annie said...

Now that I've had my hip replaced I'll know where to turn at the mailbox with the garland when I come and see you :-)

Betty Manousos said...

happy Fourth of July!
xoxo

desk49 said...

No one talks
Myrtle blooms
Half pajama walks

Two trees
Were they
Meant to be

A mailbox
To guide
Someone home

Joanne said...

The flowers on your walks are always so pretty!

Sparkling Red said...

I like seeing neighbours out in their home clothes. It makes the neighbourhood feel safe and homey.

I wonder if the intertwined trees interact with each other, biologically or spiritually?

Riot Kitty said...

That's not a bad way to give directions to your house. We had friends who lived "a left turn after the strip club..."