Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Using up stuff, happy birthday to him and folk school

- The basil continues to multiply - that's more of it in the red pitcher found recently at a thrift store.  (I love it so much.)  I am also on a mission to clear out the freezer of things that have been there too long.  This week - uncured pancetta, that I bought too much of for some recipe.  So I Googled recipes using pancetta and came up with this Italian-style salad with Crisp Pancetta via a BBC network cooking show (click on the red link for the recipe) - and bonus, I had all of the ingredients already.  It's for lunch today.

-  Having a happy birthday cupcake to celebrate coworker Bobby's special day.  He and I talk about our age and wonder where the years went.  The cupcake was a perfect early morning snack to go with coffee from home.

- This post, from the John C. Campbell Folk School blog about how they made pizza.  The post is so charming I just have to share it.  The opening lines grabbed me:  "A potter, a dulcimer player, a painter, a poet and a berry farmer build a barrel-vaulted brick oven."  Someday when I win the lottery, I'm going to take all the classes they have.  :)

15 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - love the red jug .. gorgeous ... I could do with one of those ... it'd go so well with my rugs! Cheers Hilary

Riot Kitty said...

I love that pitcher! You do find the most wonderful things.

LL Cool Joe said...

I can't think of a better snack in the morning than a cupcake. :D

Love the red jug too!

Elephant's Child said...

Pizza Day minus six years? That is taking the long view. And yes, there are some wonderful courses there. Life affirming choices. I hope you do win the lottery and have the time to blog about them.

desk49 said...

Basil basil everywhere
And yet more to eat
Tho age is not everything
I find it did not come cheep
I think it will take the lottery
For all the classes I seek

Blogoratti said...

It looks great in that red jug.

Lee said...

If anyone does find all those years that have disappeared, please let me know!

I love that photo, Lynn....it's brilliant! The picture of the pitcher is pitch perfect! It's worthy of being framed (in the pitcher-picture-framing sense of the word) and hung on a wall. Well done! :)

Maude Lynn said...

That pitcher is just gorgeous! Great find!

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a beautiful pitcher! I love thrift store finds!

Ileana said...

That's a happy, festive pitcher and why wouldn't it be...who doesn't love basil? Nice that you found a recipe with everything you have at home already. I love it when that happens!

Now you have me wanting to make pizza. I'll check out that link!

Snaggle Tooth said...

I have 4 basil plants n may have to give up a few. Plant space is limited, n may need a grow lamp inside. For outdoor I have some garden space to set my deck pot on. Freezer progress is much slower. Have to ciut down alot more, n frig space too. I'd love to build an oven like that- for my pizza.

Jannie Funster said...

I had a "How To Play The Dulcimer" book once, but never did get the instrument and sold the book on eBay.

LOVE the little decorating touches in your condo. You got "they eye" for cute things and where to put them.

xooxoxo

Sparkling Red said...

Cupcakes are perfect for any occasion. Birthdays, holidays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays... ;-)

sage said...

multiplying basil, time for pesto (it can be frozen)

Fireblossom said...

Cupcakes are one of life's sublime pleasures!