Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Lucky birds, tuning fork and down to earth

- Another beautiful spot from the garden in Cashiers, NC that I visited several days ago with my sisters.  Lucky birds to find this spectacular condo in the mountains.  Click to enlarge.

- I had not been to the Hamilton Gardens in Hiawassee, Georgia, for a couple of years.  I love to walk there, but my family kept insisting that it didn't seem safe for me to take solitary walks in a heavily wooded place alone.  I see their point, so when I had my sister with me on the way out of town, I suggested we stop there.  I loved these metal sculptures and wish I had taken note of the artist's name and the name of the piece.  I named the photo "tuning fork" - that's what it reminds me of.

- And as I was taking the very scenic bypass highway (bypassing Helen, Georgia) on the way to Cleveland, Georgia, this place - "downda earth" - was open.  It's never been open when I passed it before.  We popped our heads in the door to look at the menu, which is vegetarian and vegan.  We were between meals, so just had a look at the menu for another time.  The people inside were lovely and serene.  A truly peaceful place, where the employees are all very down to earth. 

10 comments:

sage said...

Wonderful places up in those hills!

Elephant's Child said...

How very, very beautiful.
I hope, some day, that you are able to eat at downda earth (brilliant name) and tell us about it too.

Lee said...

This place looks similar to many of the areas here on Tamborine Mountain where I live. Beautiful!

desk49 said...

A wooden house
Some steal art
No pot roast for me

A thatch roof
Gold ball between
Not an oz. of meat to see

LL Cool Joe said...

Love the tuning fork sculpture.

I have the feeling the down to earth cafe might be a little too down to earth for me, and possibly a bit too healthy. :D

Riot Kitty said...

That is eerie - that store looks exactly like the Piggie Market, which we used to visit in Santa Cruz as kids on the way to or from the beach.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I like "Tuning Fork", too....it would be nice to know who the artist is.....That Restaurant sounds like a real find. Any place that is Peaceful and Serene, gets my vote! I hope you go back for a meal sometime and take pictures!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Cool looking sculpture there- Wish I could go there sometime. Been really hot lately here. Don't know how you walk in the heat so much. Not many vegan places here. At least the markets are getting better about it.

Anonymous said...

What a great place!

Joanne said...

Cool statue! It definitely reminds me of a tuning fork also!