Tuesday, September 15, 2015

View from the couch, desk lunch and city life

 - I was home a lot this weekend and spent much of it having a marathon viewing of Law & Order, SVU - it was either delete 21 episodes from last season or view them.  (Only one more to go.)  The real story here is that I love the view from my couch.  If you click to enlarge, you might be able to see some goldfinches on the feeder and one on the Victorian hanging planter.  They were cute - they kept coming and going, chasing each other away - bumping each other off perches.  More entertaining than TV really. 

- Whole Foods had pints of small heirloom tomatoes on sale and they were beautiful in my desk lunch at work.  The yellow pear tomatoes remind me of my maternal grandfather, who always had those in his garden at home.  We used to "walk the garden" and he would pick some for me to eat right there.  I don't see those often for sale, so I had to buy them.

- From Mr Cs sign:  BIDEN JAM 2015.  I laughed out loud on Friday morning, September 4, when I saw this sign.  Thursday was a traffic day to remember in Atlanta - on the morning news, they warned us of afternoon traffic, involving a college football game at the Georgia dome, an Atlanta Braves game, the Atlanta black gay pride festival, Dragoncon, as well as Vice President Joe Biden coming to speak in the evening.  I should have gone to Mr C's to wait it out after work - it took about 1.5 hours to get home to the 'burbs.  :)

11 comments:

sage said...

Your living area in your home looks comfortable, but I don't envy that drive you have!

LL Cool Joe said...

An hour and a half in traffic jams is no fun at all but pretty common at rush hour on the motorways here in the UK. Most days it takes my partner that length of time to home from work. No fun at all. I hope you had some good music to listen to!

Elephant's Child said...

Love your view from the couch. And the salad.
Traffic? Nooooooooo.

Lee said...

Bird-watching marathons and TV-watching marathons are both fun to do...depending on one's mood at the time. I had a bit of a TV marathon on Sunday. :)

I can taste those tomatoes! I read somewhere the other day, if you want to enhance the flavour of bought tomatoes...to make them taste a little more like the home-grown toms...to place them in hot water and leave them there for five or more minutes. Not boiling water...unless of course you want to peel them...but just hot water to heighten the flavour.

Kay G. said...

Oh! I saw on the news that morning of the traffic jam predicted for the afternoon!
Lucky for me I had no reason to be in Atlanta!
Your tomatoes look good.

Jannie Funster said...

I'd never leave your couch!! What a peaceful pleasant nest you have created.

Nothing like fresh-that-second from the garden!! We'd eat wee carrots from ours, wiped most of the dirt off on our shirts first. :) Gotta ingest a little good-clean dirt to keep immunities up.

I remember when the President was here in Austin -- every street along my route had a cop car or 2 at the intersection. Luckily, I breezed right through because the Motorcade was still about an hour from its passage, whew....

xooxoxoxoxo

Leonora said...

A nice view indeed! I always admire your built-ins!

I was in one of those important-person-road-blocks once. Every road was cordoned off and there was nowhere to go other than wait it out. I think we sat for two hours.

desk49 said...

yellow pear tomatoes
never have I seen

Anonymous said...

Lunch looks delicious!

Snaggle Tooth said...

I've never had one of those cute tomatoes. Plenty from the garden here. Mr C likes Biden? interesting- I don't like any candidates yet!

Riot Kitty said...

Traffic can often be hellish here. I love heirlooms! Once again, not hungry at all, then I visit your blog and...