Thursday, December 31, 2015

************* Good Things Happened 2015 *************

Hello!  This is an end-of-the-year post with one photo from each month of my blog.  I have loved these peaceful couple of hours scrolling through my posts and selecting photos that made me smile at the memory.  As always, click to enlarge to see more detail.

 - January.  I titled this post "Day is done. Photo taken outside the library near my home, after work.

- February.  The Presbytery of Greater Atlanta held a meeting in a church right across from our Georgia state capitol building in Atlanta.  I love its gold leafed dome.

- March.  Lenten roses at an Atlanta beltline park near the end of an after work walk.

- April.  Sweet violets at the weekend park in Lilburn, Georgia.

- May.  Note to self:  New Guinea impatiens do not do well on my back porch.  They sure were pretty that first day though.

- June.  The privet was blooming at the site of a Civil War battle - the same beltline park mentioned above.

- July.  I loved catching this bee in flight.  

- August.  My aunt's dog, Cotton, very interested in something down below.  At her home in Franklin, North Carolina.

- September.  A beloved spot - the walking path along the dam at Lake Chatuge.  Hiawassee, Georgia.

- October.  I titled this photo "by the light of the silvery moon."  Taken one morning as I was leaving for work.

- November.  Fallen leaves looking beautiful, in their own way.

- December.  Christmas Day at niece Amanda's beau's home in Madison, Florida.  It was a beautiful drive there to be with them for breakfast.  Lots of activity with a busy and excited six-year-old running around.  The larger rocking chairs belonged to my parents and were on their back porch at their home in Milledgeville, Georgia.  I'm delighted they are here now in this peaceful spot.  I told Amanda that her grandparents would have loved it there.  She says that she, her beau and his little girl sit in these chairs every evening and watch the sun set.

Happy New Year, y'all!  See you in 2016!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for an end of the year post. I love your photography!

sage said...

A lovely year and here's looking to an even more beautiful 2016

Kay G. said...

Happy New Year! (Almost!)
LOVE your photos! That one in Hiawassee could be a painting!

Elephant's Child said...

What a beautiful summation of the year. I hope 2016 brings you beauty too. Each and every day.

Lee said...

Wonderful reflections...a very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2016 to you, Lynn. :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - loved the Lenten roses ... and the tale of your parent's rocking chairs and that they are still used by your niece, her hubby and daughter - wonderful ...

Have a very happy year ahead with lots of new photos ... Happy New Year - cheers Hilary

Maude Lynn said...

Lovely photos, Lynn! Happy New Year!

Ileana said...

The rainy autumn leaves is such a beautiful photo. They're all peaceful and bring nature to life. Happy New Year to you, my friend! Wishing you all the best.

Leonora said...

It was a beautiful year in photo retrospect : )
Wishing you more good things happening in 2016!

Granny Annie said...

Wonderful selection of a few of the Good Things you have shared this past year. Can't wait to see what 2016 has in store. I always love your crying angel. Or is she praying? I am going to try hard to be a better bloger this year.

desk49 said...

Again this year has gone as memory's seem to flow
Yes you post twelve pic of how your time did go

Yet I have to ask you of all the ones we see
which touched your heart the most, then I'll let it be.

G. B. Miller said...

The majestic beauty that is the South. Hope you had a fantastic New Year's Eve, and here's to an equally fantastic 2016.


I Are Writer!

Sparkling Red said...

Happy New Year! You could make a very nice calendar from these photos.

Lynn said...

Ellis -

Definitely seeing my parents' rocking chairs in such a quietly beautiful place.

Riot Kitty said...

Love the year in review!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Great calendar collection as usual!