Friday, March 10, 2017

The beach, porches and the finish

Seagrove beach in South Walton County, Florida last Friday.  Sigh.  The six hour drive down is worth it when this sight is waiting. 

One porch after another. 

Dunes in the state park nearby.

A moody sunset.

Grits à ya ya at Great Southern Cafe in nearby Seaside, Florida.  Sunday morning brunch.  We always participate in a walk for charity (the real reason for the trip) and then celebrate the finish here.

And a final walk on the beach the last morning.  It was a lovely time with good friends.  It's always good to get back home, but I do love this serene place.

Hope you have a great weekend, my friends!

15 comments:

Susan Kane said...

One can never tire of seeing such beauty.

Kay G. said...

So gorgeous! Nice time, swing by Conyers and take me with you!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, that grits à ya ya looks so fabulous! Have a safe journey home.

Elephant's Child said...

That looks wonderful. And yay for walking for charity. Friends and beauty? A bonus. A big bonus.

LL Cool Joe said...

That first shot is stunning. What a view.

I remember the walk you do for charity, good for you! My reward for doing that would be a little less healthy than yours!

MarmePurl said...

It calmed my soul just Looking at these photos.

Granny Annie said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos of most romantic place. I might attempt to digitally paint one or two of those but don't believe it will go well. That meal looks astounding and makes me so hungry. YUM!

sage said...

those beach shots are wonderful!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Wow on that last photos, Lynn, and I can see why the 6-hour drive was worth the trip and of course the walk for charity made it all the more worth the effort.

Louvregirl said...

Love the moody sunset shot of the ocean. Just plain beautiful! So glad that you had a nice time, Lynn. :D

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - looks amazing ... no wonder you look forward to going ... I'd go for a few weeks I think! But fantastic views, lovely photos and a great cause ... now thankfully supper is nearly there -that looks good ... cheers Hilary

Adam said...

That beach looks perfect

Lee said...

I'm sitting here drooling as I look at those photos!!! Drool! Drool! :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lovely views of the ocean and the porches. The charity walk sounds wonderful too. Beautiful series of photos. Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

Snaggle Tooth said...

so pretty there!
Is that shrimp? I am so allergic, but it looks good!